Flashpoint! Sunglasses warning issued following car blaze

Image courtesy of Nottinghamshire Fire and Rescue

Published:  30 May, 2023

Garages should be on their guard to make sure cars left outside in the hot weather do not have anything reflective inside that could cause a fire, after sunglasses left on a dashboard caused a car in Nuthall, Nottinghamshire to burst into flames on Saturday (27 May).

Nottinghamshire Fire and Rescue issued a warning on Twitter after attending the incident, which required a fire engine from Stockhill Fire Station to put out the fire.

The tweet, which showed a dramatic picture of the damage as seen here , read: “The sun has been strong but beware this can cause fire! Earlier we attended a fire caused by sunglasses left on the dashboard. Make sure you keep reflective objects out of direct sunlight.”

Related Articles


Sign Up

For the latest news and updates from Aftermarket Magazine.


©DFA Media Group
Terms and Conditions