About the Competition
Now in its 22nd year, Top Technician has become the one to win, as simple as that. Thousands of technicians from independent, fast fit, and franchised workshops across the UK enter Top Technician every year in the hopes to prove they are this year’s Top Technician.
At its core Top Technician was developed as an independent training tool, created to help develop, reward and add value to our industries technicians and you don’t have to win to take away huge benefit from entering the competition!
The competition provides opportunity to:
- Accelerate your personal development and technical training
- Highlight and learn from areas of weaknesses through in-depth feedback on your results
- Network with industry experts from companies championing technicians
- Drive your career and business forward
Also keeping you up-to-date with industry changes, any technician of any level can enter, with goodie bags, kit, cash and experiences all on offer for semi-finalists, finalists and winners. Last years, prize haul for Top Technician, Top Garage 2023 totalled to over £40,000 worth of prizes.
Top Technician: tt24-rd#1
The Top Technician competition involves 5 rounds. The initial 3 rounds are online consisting of a combination of multiple choice and open ended questions and answers.
The 4th round is the semi-finals the first practical assessment of skills. Here 10 semi-finalists will be invited along to Delphi Academy, in Warwick for a half day practical assessment. The practical assessment consists of 5 live fault finding tasks, set by our expert team of judges- with a time limit of 20 minutes per task. From the semi-finals scores, 5 finalists will emerge.
In the 5th and Final round, the 5 finalists will be invited back to Delphi Academy, on finals day – which will be on Saturday 26th October 2024. In the final practical assessment, the technicians will again be put to the test against the clock- for a full day of tasks. 5 more, in-depth fault-finding activities will be set with and extended time limit of 50 minutes.
After, finalists will attend with friends, family, Top Garage finalists, and event partners Awards Evening Gala Dinner at the DoubleTree by Hilton Coventry- where the WINNER & RUNNER UP will be crowned, and claim their hoard of prizes!
How to Enter – It’s free!
- Head to the Top Technician portal via the link below.
- Complete the registration form to log into the portal.
- Use this years voucher code to load the first round: tt24-rd#1
- Be sure to complete the first round of questions before the first round closes on 19th April 2024! This is a series of 50 multiple choice questions. You can only complete the test once (we will take your first score)
- Done! We wish you the best of luck!
The JudgesThe team behind Top Technician – featuring 3 previous winners and finalists of Top Technician, on hand to provide a wealth of information to Top Tech entrants.
Still not sure? Don’t just take our word for it…
Take it from the guys that really matter, our wonderful finalists and winners of yesteryears – and those that return each year to test their business, themselves and network with the best minds in the industry!